Sunday, October 03, 2004

Paul Waldman on the Rhetorical Presidency

Paul Waldman at the gadflyer writes a positively brilliant and cutting analysis of the Bush presidency's committment to saying things -- lots of things.
Bush's campaign has come down to this: The things that I say are superior to the things that he says. I will continue to say good things, strong things. Because nothing is more important that what you say. So I'll be saying things. My opponent won't say things the way I will. If you re-elect me, I will continue saying things, giving signals, sending messages. God bless America.
...
Say this about President Bush: he says what he says.
Check out the link--Waldman lists the many ways Bush says things from the debate on Thursday.

The Daily Show put together this a cutting satire of Dubya's convention film: George Bush: Words Speak Louder than Actions.

No comments: