Thursday, September 23, 2004

Bush Is In Denial

Here I thought I had this brilliant new insight into Bush's character: He's a dry drunk! He never received any treatment for his alcoholism, so he continues to exhibit the destructive characteristics of a drunk (impulsive, selfish, childish, egotistical, stubborn, fixated, etc.).

This most recent press-conference with Allawi hit home. Bush is addicted to his Iraq policy, and Allawi is a co-dependent enabler. They are both in denial. As Dr. Phil might say, "Get real!"

So I started to write my thoughts, and to augment them, I did a quick google on "dry drunk." Lo! and Behold! folks have been writing about this theory for several years!

Woops.

So anyhow, here are some more links on this.

Addiction, Brain Damage and the President by Katherine van Wormer
Is Bush Making a Cry for Help? by Alan Bisbort.
George Is Drunk by Bruch Schimmel

And, you be the judge yourself: A general definition of the Dry Drunk.

I ain't the first to have this theory - but I did come to it independently. (If you believe that...Would Franabanana lie to you?)

George, please go into recovery and don't take your addictions out on us.

No comments: