Friday, September 02, 2005

My Disgust and Anger

I cannot believe what I have seen and heard in these last two days. An unbelievable report from the NO Convention Center showed thousands (2,000, 5,000, 15,000?) stranded with no water, food, medical care, toilets, transportation, and perhaps worst of all information. People are DYING. Babies and older people are dying first, dehydrated and lacking the most basic care. These people aren't criminals, looters, or drug addicts. They are citizens. Families, many many young children and babies, pregnant women. I can barely control myself thinking about it.

The mayor of New Orleans was a voice in the wilderness (download the audio file here) crying out for support. Transcribed here.

Even President Bush has stepped out of his boy-in-the-bubble world to admit that the help has been "not acceptable."

Not acceptable? NOT ACCEPTABLE?!!!!! It's shameful. Disgusting. Just simply staggering. I'm no logistics expert, but where are the air drops?

I woke up this morning hoping to hear that those people at the convention center got help. No indication yet.

No comments: