Monday, June 05, 2006

Five Questions

1. Why do prescriptions drugs cost so much, and why do their costs increases at exponential rates each year?

2. Why is the United States the only industrialized nation that does not provide universal health coverage to its citizens? It makes no sense. We don't save money. We don't have better outcomes. We do have very wealthy insurance and pharmaceutical corporations.

3. Why is a marriage amendment more important than health care, security, disaster preparedness, war, energy, education, and transporation policy?

4. Why don't we have high-speed rail based in Chicago and radiating out to major cities such as St. Louis, Detroit, Des Moines, Louisville, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Memphis, Nashville, and Indianapolis?

5. What is the deal with Rachel Ray? She bugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just researched all of these questions and realized they're all rhetorical.

Anonymous said...

Franabanana:

I read your comment about me on DailyKos, but I'm a blogosphere roookie...couldn't figure out how to post a comment there...so I'm here.

Though I consider myself pretty nonpartisan (as I believe both political parties are complicit in fleecing younger and future Americans), I am the Republican nominee for US Representative in the 9th District.

Please undestand, I am NOT a defender of President Bush's policies, but I am working within a two party system. If I ran as an independent, my message would drown. If I ran as a Democrat, it would have died in March. This way, it lives.

Some people are so partisan on the left that once they hear that I'm Republican, they don't even want to talk to me. Some people are so partisan on the right that once they hear that I'm a Republican, they don't even need to talk to me.

But the vast majority of people that I talk to agree with my message: that our electoral system is broken!

We are producing world class mudslingers, increasingly incapable or working together to solve problems.