Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Blogging Blues

I find myself greatly admiring the bloggers who have carried on valiantly following the election. My heart isn't in it right now. I'm still visiting the blogs, and reading the news, but the election results have taken the wind out of my sails.

I find myself spending more time on Television Without Pity and Fametracker and following the horror known as Star Reynolds (nee Jones) Big Gay Wedding. Nothing comforts the mind like silly television shows and pseudo-celebrity excesses.

Still, the political world invades. Colin Powell retires, to be replaced by Condi Rice. Here's an SAT analogy for you...
Jesus Christ:Mary Magdalene::George W. Bush:
a) Barbara Bush
b) Condoleeza Rice
c) Helen Thomas
d) Karen Hughes
e) Laura Bush

OK, it's not easy. But I'm going with (b) Condoleeza Rice. (If Karen Hughes were still in the administration, she'd be my choice.) I predict disaster. With little real management experience, and owing her political career to the Big Dick, Condi's real benefit to the administration (but not to the country as a whole, nor to the world) will be as the handmaiden who carries out Bush's every wish and desire.

Also worthy reading is Media Matters' fine analysis on why "moral values" did not REALLY affect election decisions. Just as I thought, although I didn't take the time to do the legwork. So, thanks Media Matters and David Brock.

Now, back to lick my wounds and watch The Gilmore Girls on TiVo.

No comments: